Quantum Numbers Name ______________________
- Louis de Broglie proposed that any particle of matter has a particular wavelength, calculated with the equation
- The current atomic theory ____________________________ describes the energy of an electron while describing its location only in terms of ____________________________
- The Greek symbol psi, ψ, represents ____________________________, used to describe electrons.
- Name this diagram and describe what it shows.
- All the possible values for the principal quantum number in the known atoms are
- The values for the angular quantum number are represented by the letters
- The magnetic quantum number describes the ____________________________
- A set of orbitals with the same value of n is called a(n) ____________________________
- A set of orbitals with the same n and l values is called a(n) ____________________________
- A shell with principal quantum number n will have ________________ subshells.
- A subshell with l = 0 has ________________ orbital(s).
- A subshell with l = 2 has ________________ orbital(s).
- The maximum number of electrons in any shell n, is equal to ________________
- The fourth quantum represents the ________________ of an electron.
- The possible values of ms are ________________
- The Pauli exclusion principle states that
- The "many-electron" atom has more than ____________________________
- The mass of a neutron is 1.67 X 10−24 gram. One picometer (pm) = 1 X 10−12 meter. Calculate the velocity of a neutron whose wavelength is 500 pm.
- Write de Broglie's equation.
- Manulipate de Broglie's equation to solve for V.
- Use dimensional analysis to solve the equation.