Complete the following statements.
Redox Equation Quiz Name _______________________
1. Oxidation is defined as:
2. Reduction is defined as:
3. If one particle gains e−, another particle must:
4. The oxidation number of a free element in an equation is:
5. The oxidation number of oxygen in a peroxide is:
7. The oxidation number of hydrogen in AlH3 is:
8. You know a redox equation is balanced correctly when:
Use the half-reaction method to balance these two equations.
9. H3PO3 + Cr2O7 −2 H3PO4 + Cr +3
10. I2 + H2SO3 + H2O I −1 + HSO4−1 + H +1